Digital Print R&D Engineer/Scientist
Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Kodak is looking for a Digital Print R&D Engineer/Scientist to
join our Print Systems Division in Rochester, NY.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the
revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength
of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the
excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable,
profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for
professionals with energy, ideas and passion to help us take next
steps in completing our transformation. We re creating a culture
which values creativity in all its forms, having a global
perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that
enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich
heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways,
still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is
truly a place where you can make a difference.
The Print Systems Division is seeking an experienced Physicist,
Electrical Engineer or a Mechanical Engineer to join the
engineering team within its Electro-Photographic Systems (EPS)
group. Your role will be at the interface between materials
science, electro-mechanical design and control hardware and
software development. As a part of a multifunctional team, you will
play an integral role in continuously enhancing existing digital
high-speed printing solutions and developing new products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
* Work in the EPS engineering team as an integral part of a
multidisciplinary team to enhance existing EPS products and
leverage EP technology for new applications, such as 3D
* Cultivate concept development for new or enhanced features &
functions and create requirements for electro-mechanical design,
software & materials development.
* Specify test fixtures & procedures for feasibility & subsystem
extensiveness tests and participate in test implementation, data
analysis and documentation of results.
* Conduct theoretical analyses & experiments to identify & quantify
critical-to-function parameters & adjustments, create quality-plans
and specify tools & procedures.
* Assess certification test needs prior to the inception of new
parts or materials.
* Provide expert service support in case of problem escalations
from the field.
* Bachelor s degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or related discipline.
* Minimum 5 years experience working in the field of
electrophotographic or ink jet digital printing, with expertise in
registration, motion control, and web handling desired
* Proficiency with Robust Design philosophy, Design of Experiments
approach and related analysis methods & tools.
* Proficiency in Statistics, including Process Control, ANOVA,
Process Capability and Tool R&R analysis.
* Proficiency with standard instrumentation & measurement
equipment, preferably including LabVIEW.
* Comfortable with a hands-on approach.
* Thorough analytical and problem-solving skills.
* High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both self-guided
and as part of a multifunctional, international & multicultural
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color,
religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other
Federal or State legally protected classes.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester , Digital Print R&D Engineer/Scientist, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!