Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 22, 2023
DescriptionWe're Hiring for an Application Engineer!If you are
excited and passionate about help ing # L ets S olve W ater,
consider joining our team today! Xylem , Inc. is a leading global
water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is
dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues . We
are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceed ing
customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions . At
Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by
participating in our paid V olunteer Program, Xylem Watermark !T HE
ROLE : The Application Engineer will be responsible for providing
cordial, timely, and accurate Vertical Turbine Pump product
application and quotation assistance to customers and distributors.
In this role, the incumbent will also work together with marketing,
and field sales to understand the needs and desires of the
customers and provide them with service levels that meet or exceed
customer expectations. We offer a full benefits package to include
Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions , health, dental ,
vision, investment savings plan , and additional miscellaneous
benefits.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES : To perform the job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- Provide optimal design selections based on customer duty
- Select materials based on application requirements while also
being cost effective to both the factory and end user.
- Work with purchasing team to obtain costing for components for
- Provide selection and quotation training to external
- Prioritize projects according to need and ability to win.
- Maintain CRM funnel to ensure opportunity visibility by field
- Receive customer purchase orders for quoted projects and gather
pertinent information for submittal creation and order
- Achieve annual standard margin targets and revenue targets
- Customer satisfaction and retention.
- Update and research recommendations for product and system
- Project pricing and lead time negotiations.
- Execute negotiations for large project terms and
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
- 3+ years' related experience including pump sales and
- Must have knowledge of pump hydraulics, mechanics and
construction , and common metallurgical uses. Strong math and
engineering skills required .
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills with
strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, manage multiple projects at
once, and to review technical documents.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and
- Professional Engineering (PE) certification preferred.
- Salesforce, MathCAD , and Pump Selection Software experience is
a plus. At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues
where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I
initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to
be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind
and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and
gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital
status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age,
or other non-merit factors.Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem
is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world's
water challenges through developing new technologies and services
that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in
the future is central to our work. Our products and services move,
treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in
public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building
services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart
metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for
water, electric and gas utilities.Disclaimer: The information
listed within this job description is designed to indicate the
general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be
viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem
reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other
duties to this position as needed.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Rochester , Applications Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!