Substation Lead Engineer - P&C
Company: LUZCO Technologies LLC
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Looking for a familia? LUZCO Technologies, LLC is looking for a
spirited candidate to join our passionate, ever-growing team. LUZCO
is an award-winning Energy & Utilities Consulting Firm, offering
project management services, engineering design services, and
transmission and distribution engineering services. You're more
than an employee. You're a familia member. As a member of the
familia, we make sure this is more than just a job.
- Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance,
401k match, paid time off, free monthly massages.
- Schedule: Work-life balance is key. Flexible working hours are
offered, we just ask that everyone is in the office from 9am-3pm.
Make your schedule work for you. Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Diversity: We value diversity and the perspectives of all
people. We group together a variety of professions with broad
expertise to create unique ways to approach the same problem.
- Professional Growth Opportunities: Tuition Reimbursement for
both traditional schooling and certifications. Work closely with
industry professionals to develop career goals and action
- Philanthropy: Give back to the community. We offer a set amount
of paid time off each year for our employees to get out into their
communities and give back.
- Work Environment: Relaxed atmosphere, weekly staff meetings
with lunches provided, fully stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee,
and treats, dog friendly office, Fun Fridays (a weekly
get-together, come hang out in our game room, refreshments
provided!) Sound like a familia you're ready to join? Here's the
details on what we are looking for in this position: Essential
- Project scoping and site walkdowns.
- Project design estimate and proposal preparation.
- Working with client on Business Development
- Occasional QA/QC checking of design packages with one-lines,
Conduit Schedules, BOM, Layouts, relay panel arrangements, Existing
Steel drawings, and cable lists for high voltage (32.4-500kV)
- Technical support on Substation P&C and Physical design
answering questions of Junior engineers.
- Substation packages includes but not limited to BKR upgrades,
Bus protection, Transformer Replacement and Protection, RTU
Upgrades, Line and Bus work, Fiber Upgrades, Feeder Breaker
- Prepare/create engineering and construction estimate documents
for the installation of new, or modifications to existing
substations, including: bill of materials, yard layouts, plans and
section views, and electrical details.
- Good understanding of substation ground grid, rigid and strain
bus, and raceway designs.
- Good understanding for creation/modify technical specifications
for major substation equipment, such as: power transformers, power
circuit breakers and control house.
- Answer questions of engineering, construction, testing and
commissioning support of projects.
- Perform basic calculations, such as: voltage drop, CT burden
and saturation, lighting and short circuit.
- Travel to various substations part of this job. Knowledge &
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in utility industry or ability to
perform QA/QC on Substation projects.
- Avangrid utility experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards, such as: NEC, NESC,
IEEE, NEMA and ANSI strongly preferred.
- P.E license required. Can waive this requirement with
experience. Join our team. We're all familia here. Powered by
Keywords: LUZCO Technologies LLC, Rochester , Substation Lead Engineer - P&C, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...