Process Controls Engineer
Company: New York Technology Partners
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- The Process Controls Engineer is responsible for the planning,
development, design and maintenance of control systems in the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and improve machine process, develop work instructions
and train employees
- Participate in implementing safety improvements
- Design, program, analyze and repair electrical drives and
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting Programmable
- Modify control system logic and industrial machinery to
optimize equipment performance and control
- Investigate operational problems affecting production in a
systematic and methodical manner
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering, preferably
electrical or controls engineering
- 5-7 years of controls engineering experience
- Experience in high-volume, high speed manufacturing
- Experience in pharmaceutical, medical device industry strongly
- Hands on experience with packaging equipment, process and
- PLC experience (Allen Bradley, B&R, Siemens)
- Strong background in technical troubleshooting, problem
- Detailed knowledge of equipment operation and validation
- Proficient knowledge of pharmaceutical cGMP requirements and
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for manufacturing of
- This position requires the ability to think in high level terms
to develop technical solutions for new processes. It also requires
the ability to think in specific, detailed terms when problem
solving for existing processes.
- Ability to foster and maintain an environment of proactive
working practices, and effective communication within the group,
and between the group and external functions.
- Strong problem solving and investigation techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated performance in project management.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task in a
dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Expertise with solid and liquid pharmaceutical manufacturing
processes, equipment, and operations.
- Must be capable of working independently, with self-initiative,
self-motivation, and self-strategic direction, while also
effectively working within team and matrix environment to influence
and guide activity.
- Proven ability to work on complex problems and interpret
scientific data where analysis requires an evaluation of intangible
- Solid understanding and interpretation of Regulatory guidance
documents and filing mechanisms.
- Experience preparing and delivering technical
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the
organization as well as some interaction with government
- Basic Outlook skills as evidenced by creating and sending
messages, working with address books, message handling, creating
and using personal folders, scheduling appointments, working with
meeting requests and managing tasks.
- Basic Word for Windows skills as evidenced by the ability to
produce basic business letters and simple tables and charts; as
well as check spelling, set tabs, change page orientation, sort,
save, open and organize electronic files.
- Intermediate Excel skills as evidenced by the ability to use
workbooks, create simple formulas, insert and delete data, create
and edit charts, filter and sort lists, and format data, link data,
create and edit charts, change page orientation, add headers and
footers, filter and sort lists, format data, insert rows, enter and
sort data and produce graphs and charts.
- Intermediate Microsoft Project skills as evidenced by the
ability to assign resources and their work schedules to tasks,
effectively use the different views, reports, and drawing tools,
resolve time and resource conflicts, sort and filter information
effectively and work with subtasks in an outline form, link tasks
effectively and work with time constraints, create a baseline plan
and track an active project, customize Project and work with data
in other applications, manage tasks that will occur in the future
and work with resource needs.
- Traditional office environment, with frequent visits to other
areas of the facility, including production areas, loading docks,
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of
- Must wear safety glasses and other protective items as
- Must demonstrate visual acuity, color recognition, finger
- The ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Work responsibilities involve chemical and biological agents
that have assigned biological and chemical hazards.
- Sitting approximately 50% of day and standing approximately 50%
- Work responsibilities may involve repetitive use of the hands
through keyboarding, simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds.
- Normal office environment and occasional controlled environment
work that may require removal of jewelry and cosmetics.
- Occasionally subjected to weekend, holiday and irregular
Keywords: New York Technology Partners, Rochester , Process Controls Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...