Product Support Engineer
Company: Bandwidth Recruitment
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software
company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with
cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a
network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP,
companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom
use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software
and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the
technology space and was the first Communications
Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection
of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning
support teams help businesses around the world solve complex
communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We
celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic
What We Are Looking For:
TheProductSupport Engineeris a critical member of the Technical
Assistance Center, partnering with customers to ensure they are
using Bandwidth's products and services to maximum effect in the
service of their end-users' needs. This role is a key
differentiator for Bandwidth in the marketplace.
The Product Support Engineer will be a primary source of knowledge
for customers and will act as a consultant, guide, and guru for
complex integration questions. This team member will also assist as
a second-level escalation for integration questions from existing
customers. In this role, the team member will incorporate
lessons-learned from customer interactions and (in conjunction with
organizational leaders) work to improve the internal and
customer-facing training and documentation.
What You'll Do:
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support in the use and
implementation of Bandwidth's API's for Telephone Number
Management, Voice Call Control, SMS / MMS Messaging, and Order
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including
best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise (and sometimes
coaching) to customers throughout their customer
- Provide prioritized feedback to Product teams about the feature
and functionality enhancement needs as well as feedback on the
effectiveness of customer facing documentation.
- Provide prioritized feedback to Customer Experience team about
documentation and support interface enhancement needs.
- Share customer and internal pain-points with the Product,
Customer Experience, and Technology teams
- Actively drive customer issues and analysis to pinpoint issues
including cross-functional utilization of Technical Support (TAC),
Network Operations (NOC), Engineering, Customer Account Management,
and Product Management.
What You Need:
- Knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web
- Solid understanding of data structures and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (CS), Information
Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience
- Experience in software development and concepts, including
debugging (e.g. Python, Java, C#)
- Experience supporting voice and messaging networks.
- Experience supporting products that rely on APIs and Web
- Strong understanding of network protocols including SIP, TCP,
DNS, TLS, HTTP(S).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal &
- Outstanding customer service skills
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is
rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that
they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a
work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well---
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you
and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you're
embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to
interrupt your PTO - not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through
volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- "Mahalo moments" program grants additional time off for life's
most important moments like graduations, buying a first home,
getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the
birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but
not sure if you're 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help
us crush the mission? If you answered 'yes' to both of these
questions, we encourage you to apply! You won't want to miss the
opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Keywords: Bandwidth Recruitment, Rochester , Product Support Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!