User Experience Engineer I (1 of 2)
Company: Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Career PotentialOrtho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to
improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire
people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a
valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part
of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new
directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical
Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a
whole new direction in important medicine. That's something we can
all take pride in as we take this journey together.Ortho is known
in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply
understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital
and blood bank customers is what we do. It's who we are. If you
join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep
that Customer Excellence focus in your work.The OpportunityAs Ortho
continues to grow, we are seeking a User Experience Engineer I.
User Experience Engineers at this level are typically entry to
mid-level professionals. This is an individual contributor role
with opportunities for conducting user research, providing inputs
to product design, evaluating use related risk, performing
usability assessments to inform design, and contributing to the
human factors validation of In Vitro Diagnostic devices and
products. This position is located in Rochester, NY.The
- Support early stage development with user research by
conducting user interviews, site visits, contextual inquiries.
- Analyze findings to identify user needs, support design ease of
use, and identify potential use errors.
- Perform workflow analysis and risk analysis activities such as
task and use error analysis.
- Ensure traceability to design mitigations and requirements for
critical tasks and risk areas.
- Responsible for supporting interface development, including
wireframing, rapid prototyping, and evaluation of complex interface
workflows via direct usability testing.
- Plan and execute Formative and Summative studies, write
protocols, work with recruiter to coordinate participants and
contracts, analyze data, document results, and present
recommendations to product team.
- Prepare documentation to support development activities, design
specifications, study protocols, use-related risk analysis, expert
reviews, Human Factors Usability Engineering Files, Formative and
Summative validation reports for inclusion in regulatory filing and
subsequent post-marketing needs.
- Biohazard Lab environment work.
- May provide limited collaboration/oversight of more junior
staff on initiatives and projects.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.The Individual
- Bachelor's degree in Human factors or related discipline
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of UX/Human Factors applying user-centered design
methodologies including generative research, user needs assessment,
design concepts, and usability evaluations in support of product
- Confidence in conducting customer-facing activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate easily with multi-functional development
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Preferred experience applying Human Factors techniques and
methodologies towards the design and development of medical devices
in compliance with regulatory standards and guidelines. (e.g., FDA
human Factors guidance, IEC 62366, AAMI HE75).
- Preferred experience with risk management activities (e.g.,
hazard analysis, UFMEA, URRA techniques).Key Working
Relationships:Internal: Quality/Regulatory, Project Management,
System Engineering, Product management, Lab Specialists, Software/
Hardware Engineers.External: Customers, Development Partners.EOE/AA
Keywords: Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Rochester , User Experience Engineer I (1 of 2), Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!