Posted on: September 25, 2022
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and
organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon
ADT's 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of
critical commercial environments, retail location, educational
campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across
the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety
systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and
technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by
excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that
our people are the difference - for our organization, the customers
we serve and the communities we protect. When you're a part of ADT
Commercial, you'll have the opportunity to be a part of that
difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national
presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services,
our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth.
For more information, visit or follow us on and .
The basic function is to perform routine and emergency service
calls. Troubleshoots, replaces and/or repairs malfunctioning or
inoperative equipment. Works with minimal supervision and may
provide training and assistance to less senior technicians or
Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs routine and emergency service calls. Troubleshoots,
replaces, and/or repairs malfunctioning or inoperative
- Must have an ability to proctor, coach, and teach
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Provides customer instruction on system operation and
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information,
material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned
- Ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities,
productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have three (3) or more years of experience.
- Must have a mastery knowledge of trouble shooting commercial
intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom and access control
- Must have a working knowledge to full understanding of
- Must have a mastery knowledge of test equipment, such as
multimeters, battery analyzers and decibel meters.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications
and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local
- Requires 50% to 75% proficiency in ADT Commercial's Tier 1
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme weather
conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands
and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral,
depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances
such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires,
ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with "on
call availability" and must be able to travel on short
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for
extended time periods.
Keywords: ADT, Rochester , Service Technician, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!