Mechanical Engineer-Agricultural Application Equipment
Company: Oxbo International Corporation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Oxbo International, is a leader in providing harvesting
solutions to niche agricultural markets. The company currently has
an opportunity for a Staff Engineer - Agricultural Application
Equipment who will work to develop, coordinate, and execute designs
within the application equipment portfolio.
- Responsible for the execution and documentation of the project
including design and lab or field testing.
- Provides technical guidance to the Engineering teams.
- Develops unique design features the company often patents to
gain a competitive advantage.
- Communication with suppliers and customers on product selection
- Develop and implement advanced technology solutions
- Work collaboratively with marketing, engineering, suppliers,
and customers to verify specifications meet market
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years development experience related to
- Sprayer and fertilizer applicator knowledge and familiarity
with a focus on liquid application systems, chassis, and boom
- In-depth understanding of agricultural systems and processes,
and a desire to be hands-on with the development of new
- Incorporate engineering safety standards, methodologies and
global product development processes into all aspects of
- Solid decision-making skills, and the ability to make decisions
with limited direction.
- Ability to address quality issues, determine root cause and
drive to a corrective action
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Desire to work in an engineering environment focusing on robust
& cost-effective designs
- The ability to work within a multi discipline team
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product
- Make recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound
engineering principles, practices and judgment.
- May require up to 20% Travel (some international)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Solidworks, Inventor,
Creo, or similar CAD packages)
- Experience with mechanical analysis using Ansys or similar
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Formal root cause analysis training - 8D, 5 whys, fishbone,
- Previous experience with CAN Bus, J1939 and ISOBUS
- Familiarity with data acquisition and instrumentation of mobile
equipment is a plus.
- We offer competitive wages, paid time off/holidays, full
benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life
insurance, tuition reimbursement, potential profit sharing,
disability insurance, and 401k plan with a generous company
Keywords: Oxbo International Corporation, Rochester , Mechanical Engineer-Agricultural Application Equipment, Engineering , Byron, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!