Company: Garlock Family of Companies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
A Manufacturing Engineer in the Garlock Operations Team will be
working in a dynamic and fast paced, rapidly evolving environment
that revolves around a high mix, low volume manufacturing
environment. The role is integral in helping the Operations team be
successful in fulling both customer and business needs on a
A successful candidate will have a high degree of technical
troubleshooting ability, a strong ability to communicate across all
levels of the business unit, a passion for solving problems and
teaching others the solution as well as having a high degree of
business acumen. It is expected that the individual will be able to
manage and balance multiple projects, of both long and short
duration as well as supporting day to day manufacturing
troubleshooting needs. The successful candidate will display
leadership in support of safety improvement initiatives across the
entire operation.Essential Functions:
- Support daily production demand. Assist in the resolution of
daily manufacturing problems, including troubleshooting machine
issues, process issues, and quality issues.
- Maintain a clear, calm, methodical problem solving mentality.
Guide and lead team-members through this mentality.
- Identify, recommend and implement manufacturing process changes
that will continue to propel the manufacturing operations as our
business landscape changes.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing processes and required
documentation including, but not limited to, work instructions,
procedures, standard work, lock-out/tag-out, process flow/routings,
labor standards, bill of materials, etc.
- Effectively and efficiently identify the root cause of
production scrap primarily focused in a rubber compression molding
setting. Relentlessly lead activities to eliminate the root causes,
thereby reducing the overall scrap rate.
- Investigate and recommend the purchase or improvement of
manufacturing equipment and facilities to increase efficiency and
productivity in operations. Develop and submit capital funding
requests, with justification. Plan and oversee the installation of
- Attend/Perform review of near misses and safety meetings.
Investigate and develop corrective actions to resolve safety issues
or near misses. Plan, organize, and conduct projects to resolve
safety issues through engineering controls
- Exhibiting leadership, taking ownership for meeting the needs
of customers inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to be able to manage several projects, as well as day
to day activities, while maintaining a relentless focus on
execution and sustainability.
- Effectively interact with all levels of personnel, including
operators, engineers, managers, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
Other education background with relevant experience will be
- 3+ years of work experience in an engineering role
- Strong ability to interface, collaborate, listen, learn, teach,
and implement ideas from all areas of the manufacturing
organization (P&IC, Engineering, Maintenance, Marketing, etc.)
and support employees with varying degrees of technical
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, potentially
changing focus multiple times per day
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills with products such as: Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Google Product Suite, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Garlock is a
subsidiary of EnPro, a leading industrial technology company using
material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life
sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in
sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly
engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more
than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day - from
food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms,
from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile
technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial
aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our
commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our
brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their
EnPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Garlock Family of Companies, Rochester , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Palmyra, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!