Mechanical Project Field Engineer
Company: Li-Cycle Corp
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Mechanical Project Field Engineer will report to the Senior
Engineering and Construction Manager and will take responsibility
for all engineering activities within their given brief. Immediate
Mechanical Field Project engineering support will be dedicated to
Li-Cycle's Commercial Hub #1 project in Rochester, NY. Throughout
the design and construction process the Mechanical Project Field
Engineer (MPFE) will review RFI's for accuracy, create an Excel
based requests for information (RFI) tracking system and
efficiently document and distribute this information to the G.C.
and Li-Cycle staff in order to construct a safe and economical
facility. The MFPE will maintain the control set of drawings for
the facility and will incorporate RED line drawings into the final
As Built version of the facility's drawing sets. The MPFE will also
support Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) aspects of the
project with work package reviews and submittals of proposed
materials to be used in the construction of the facility. A broad
knowledge across all aspects of civil, structural, and
architectural engineering designs for industrial manufacturing
facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the Li-Cycle North American Hub project team in
management, supervision, and oversight of contracted engineering
design teams, equipment suppliers, material suppliers, and
construction contractors pertinent to his/her engineering
- Provide guidance and recommendations applicable to his/her
engineering discipline expertise to Li-Cycle's technical
engineering and construction teams during project execution, and
- Review, approve, log and maintain building materials and shop
fabrication drawings submittals.
- Facilitate and manage supplier requests for information (RFI)
- Interface with Li-Cycle management, business, and engineering
teams to resolve project related issues.
- Coordinate and work with project stakeholders across multiple
organizations to reduce risk and enable maximum value delivery for
- As needed, arrange, and attend meetings, including recording,
writing, and issuing of minutes.
- Provide field support as needed for project engineering and
- Assist the QA/QC department with the development and
maintenance of the QA/QC submittal logs from inception to hand off
- Maintain and Control the IFC Main set of drawings and
incorporate the red lined drawing set into the As Built Drawing
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is
preferred. Candidates with other related engineering degrees will
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a mechanical engineer in an
industrial manufacturing design or operating environment.
- Knowledge and execution experience in civil site development
design, foundation design, concrete design, structural steel
design, and building design.
- Knowledge in industry best practices.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and
- Ability to physically oversee the construction of engineering
designs in the field.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
- May be required to use PPE.
About Li-Cycle:Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage
its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies--- to provide a
customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries,
while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials.
Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our
world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and
other industrial and household applications. The world needs
improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage
battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet
the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade
raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information,
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity,
Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle
are considered without regard to any protected category including
but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status,
gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment &
Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will
not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or
require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by
submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please
note that only candidates selected for an interview will be
Keywords: Li-Cycle Corp, Rochester , Mechanical Project Field Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!