Posted on: May 15, 2022
ProAmpac is in search of an Innovation Engineer. This role is
located at ProAmpac's state of the art Collaboration and Innovation
Center in Rochester, NY. If you are interested in joining a team
that supports growth and profitability by developing, innovating,
designing products and processes for new and existing pouches then
this is the role for you! This position offers the opportunity to
work collaboratively on a high energy team while helping customers
advance in their efforts towards high performance pouches, while
ensuring the quality, cost, and on time delivery of new/improved
products to the market.This role will include researching and
utilizing new materials and products, monitoring from trial through
to commercialization; managing scale-up processes from pilot plant
to full-scale manufacturing; improving product lines; developing,
modifying and improving the manufacturing process; working directly
with global and national brands to develop innovative new packaging
concepts; keeping abreast of new technologies, and working with
cross-functional and cross-site team members, including strong
relationships with raw material and equipment suppliers, industry
experts, laboratories, manufacturing, sales and customers.
- Design, develop, create specifications, document, implement,
multi-layer film, lamination, products and pouch structures for new
or improved existing packaging food and industrial products.
- Conducting lab & pilot scale extrusion, printing, coating &
lamination, and pouching research that supports product and process
innovation and improvement and scaling that research to commercial
- Collaborating with local product development engineers and
material & process suppliers to develop specifications, evaluate,
and control properties of substrates, materials and processes
critical to the manufacture of ProAmpac Flexibles products.
- Supporting the qualification of substrates, development
materials, and processes used in the manufacture of film,
laminations, and pouches.
- Provide technical support in solve product quality
- Utilize project management skills to effectively drive product
development and innovation projects including project summary
updates, innovation gating process documentation, project planning
grant charts, preparing pertinent IP collateral, ensuring
freedom-to-use documentation, collaborating with cross-functional
- Complete cost analyses for product development and innovation
projects to ensure opportunities for commercial success exist.
- Support marketing requests for product performance and
- Support and/or lead customer innovation sessions aimed at
developing new product concepts.
- Write product evaluation protocols, perform product testing,
and author engineering reports with recommendations.
- Validate materials and processes in accordance with FDA
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably chemical engineering,
packaging engineering or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Post-graduate degree a plus. Statistics and statistical
process control training.
- 2-4 years of previous technical service, process control,
quality engineering, product development or other related technical
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies required such
as Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Experience with FDA requirements and ISO standards.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power
Point), and Outlook email and calendar capabilities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and
presentations) with executive leadership, staff, and internal and
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able
to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who
thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Keywords: PROAMPAC, Rochester , Innovation Engineer-Pouching, Engineering , Leicester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!