Lead Engineer, Transmission Planning
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Central Maine Power, an Avangrid company, is seeking a Lead
Engineer, Transmission Planning to join their team in their
Sign-on bonus available!
$5,000.00 to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus available to external
Avangrid is growing! We are actively hiring electrical engineers or
all experience levels for our Transmission Planning team. We are
flexible with office locations (Connecticut, Maine, and New York),
and remote work options may be considered for highly qualified
- Collaborate, perform, and lead reliability and/or economic
driven studies including voltage, thermal, PV, transfer limit,
short circuit, and stability assessments.
- Analyze and assess complex transmission systems at numerous
voltage levels. Document and communicate results and
recommendations as appropriate including data manipulation, report
writing, and summary presentations.
- Continually strive to innovate and integrate improvements to
increase the precision and efficiency of transmission
- Strive to seek out and develop subject matter expert skills as
necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement
of business needs.
- Collaborate and interact with internal teams and industry peers
on regional activities (e.g. NPCC, ISOs, etc.).
- Develop and apply a thorough understanding of various planning
criteria, guidelines, standards (e.g. NERC, NPCC, etc.) and
analysis software packages such as PSS/E, TARA, and ASPEN.
- Participate in transmission and substation site inspections;
attend industry workshops, training, and user group meetings as
needs arise.Behavioral Skills and Requirements
- Utilize knowledge to influence and guide department
- Provide technical leadership in complex projects that have a
wide impact on the department
- Mentor, develop and support team in technical skills
- Ability to collaborate across departments
- Liaison/ direct contractors on company policy, standards and
- Work independently with little supervisionBehavioral
- Develop self others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agileTechnical Skills and Requirements
The following skills and associated competency levels are desired
of those candidates seeking a position in Transmission Planning.
However, offsetting industry and other relevant technical skills
will be considered for candidates without previous experience in
these Transmission Planning activities (e.g. TS Engineering, PC,
- Theoretical Engineering knowledge: Planning, Operations and
Engineering Design,Analytics, Modeling Calculation (e.g. sym.
Components, per unit, etc.), Understanding the Business Model
- Practical Engineering Experience/Application: Planning,
Operations and Engineering Design, Construction, (e.g. field
experience, standardization, develop business case and defend in
front of stakeholders)
- Engineering documentation: Ability to adequately document and
interpret engineering documentation, review and approve engineering
work done by others
- Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment: Local,
State and Federal Regulatory Standards and Requirements (NERC,
NPCC, ISO, PUC, etc.)Functional Job Specific Competencies
- Power System Studies - Knowledge Interpretation of Study
Assumptions and Results: (e.g. Power Flow, Stability, Short
- Software Proficiency - Power System Analytics: (e.g. PSSE,
TARA, ASPEN, Enfuzion)Education Experience Requirements
BSEE required with additional consideration given to applicants
with Advanced Degrees or Certifications (e.g. MSEE, PE, etc.)
7+ years of experience (Industry Related)
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid.
TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal
opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current
employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based
on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion,
creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or
Keywords: Avangrid, Rochester , Lead Engineer, Transmission Planning, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!