Senior Battery Process Engineer
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Experienced with Batteries and interested in Cutting Edge
R&D? Take a Closer Look!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jenner
WigginsAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on
company site" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $130,000 -
$150,000 per yearA bit about us:We are an innovative, energy
storage technology company developing products for the Li-ion
battery markets. We have developed a revolutionary low cost,
high-capacity silicon anodes that enables high-capacity silicon
batteries to enter mainstream markets. We support the E-mobility,
consumer electronics, and aviation markets.Why join us?
- Great Benefits!
- Employee Stock Plan
- Cutting Edge R&D/ Manufacturing Environment!Job
DetailsSUMMARY:As the Senior Battery Process Engineer you will
assist our Product Development group in the development of
electrodes for advanced lithium-ion batteries. This position
involves designing innovative slurry and coating strategies using a
breadth of scientific knowledge and coating techniques. MUST HAVES:
- Electrode coating experience for semi-automated machinery
- Lithium Battery Manufacturing Knowledge
- Experience with Failure modes and troubleshootingDUTIES AND
- Design innovative slurries with various active materials,
additives, and binders for battery electrodes and other
- Improve existing formulations through thoughtful
experimentation to generate knowledge about and optimize the
performance of slurries and coatings
- Document lab-scale processing and work with the team to
characterize materials and evaluate failure mechanisms; document
the findings in reports
- Develop slurry and coating characterization techniques to
determine formulation-performance relationships and offer chemical
and cell level corrective strategies.
- Manage the development and production roadmaps for the mixing
and coating development cycle
- Work with R&D team to develop and implement a predictive
method for understanding material processing vs cell performance
- Develop processes in order to meet product specifications
- Prepare and maintain documentation, such as process flow
diagram, work instructions, SOPs, etc.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor---s degree in engineering (chemistry, chemical
engineering, materials sciences, or physics preferred).
- 3+ years of industry experience with lithium-ion batteries
- Experienced in common electrode coating techniques including
slot-die, and Comma-blade roll-to-roll coating.
- Experienced with electrochemical processes in Lithium-ion
batteries and familiarity with existing battery design and
- Experience in product development from concept, design,
prototype to production are required.
- Hands-on experience with instrument maintenance and
troubleshooting.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Rochester , Senior Battery Process Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!