FPGA Design Engineer - Firmware Lead
Company: ALTIMETER SOLUTIONS LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Lead Electrical Engineer (US Citizen able to obtain security
clearance) - Rochester, NY - 4514 Altimeter Solutions Published
April 6, 2021 Location Rochester, NY Category Engineering Job Type
Direct Hire Description Job Description:The Lead FPGA Engineer will
perform the following:
- Support proposal efforts in the estimation and planning of
end-to-end FPGA development.
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to
FPGA requirements and specifications.
- Architect solutions against requirements and implement those
solutions in various FPGA technologies or platforms.
- Lead small teams of engineers in executing FPGA development of
highly reliable and robust FPGA designs.
- Follow, enforce and refine consistent firmware development
processes across FPGA designs.
- Develop HDL code for module and top level and generate
appropriate testbench and verification environments
- Map FPGA simulation work products to system-level requirements
- Synthesize designs to targeted technologies and perform
constraint driven place and route and analysis.
- Ensure the FPGA simulations verify performance, then integrate
and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with a minimum of
9 years professional experience or a Graduate degree and a minimum
of 7 years relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process, and
the tools used to generate the FPGA designs
- Thorough understanding of version control best practices and
tools (subversion, git, etc) to closely track changes to the FPGA
- Thorough understanding of the development of FPGA requirements
- Ability to obtain security clearancePreferred Additional
- Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Designing for space environments
- High speed memory interfaces
- High speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet)
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422,
- Experience with complex block and top-level simulations of FPGA
designs requiring high level transaction-based models
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and
communicate effectively within a development group
- Proficiency with linting and CDC analysis tools
- Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi, and Intel Tool Suites
(VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis)
Apply Online Related Jobs IP Operations Tier 2 Network Engineer
(Public Trust) - Melbourne, FL - 4513 Melbourne, FL new April 6,
2021 Facilities Engineer (US Citizen) - Van Nuys, CA - 4506 Van
Nuys, CA new April 1, 2021 Sr Specialist, Internal Controls (US
Citizen) - Melbourne, FL - 56797 Melbourne, FL new March 31, 2021
Union EMA Technician (US Citizen) - Clifton, NJ - 4493 Clifton, NJ
new March 29, 2021 FGPA Designer (DoD Clearance) - Melbourne, FL -
4491 Melbourne, FL new March 29, 2021 This entry was posted in .
Bookmark the permalink . Cassandra Eastburn IP Operations Tier 2
Network Engineer (Public Trust) - Melbourne, FL - 4513 Altimeter
9644 Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33626
Keywords: ALTIMETER SOLUTIONS LLC, Rochester , FPGA Design Engineer - Firmware Lead, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!