Design Verification Engineer
Company: ams AG
Posted on: February 23, 2021
ams is a global semiconductor company looking for top talent to
expand our dynamic workforce. Business is good - revenue is up,
expansion is in the air, and the sky is the limit. Come be a part
of an outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a
difference! Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one
ams sensor solutions take sensing to the next level by providing a
seamless interface between humans and technology. We enable our
customers to create highly differentiated products that are
smarter, safer, easier to use and more eco-friendly. We develop
high-performance solutions for the most challenging applications in
sensors, sensor interfaces, power management and wireless.
Experience the seamless interface between humans and
about ams Image Sensor Solutions
- We shape sensing solutions for imaging megatrends. We are open,
exciting, market-focused with a 'we get it done' mentality. We
profitably beat the competition in fast-growing, imaging markets.
We make image sensing an enjoyable and safe experience. The Imaging
Sensor Solution division focuses on the megatrends 3D imaging,
human machine interaction, automation, industry 4.0 and medical &
- The division growth plan is setup around consumer, automotive &
medical imaging as well as full service foundry. The Division team
is a global with main locations in Graz (Austria), Antwerp
(Belgium), Pavia (Italy), Valencia (Spain), Rochester (USA), Boise
(USA) and Funchal (Portugal) and has 350+ team members.
- ams by numbers: 30,000 employees worldwide; serving more than
10,000 customers; 17 design centers across Europe, Asia and the US;
> 14 sales offices; 25+ sales channel partners; 3 focus areas:
optical, imaging, audio.
Your tasks and responsibilitiesJoin our multi-disciplinary team at
our new Rochester site, where your contribution will play a key
role in further strengthening our product portfolio and supporting
our growth strategy within key market segments for CMOS Image
- With the inherent mixed-signal nature of our image sensors you
will work on a variety of blocks to model as well as excursions
into the domains of analog and system design.
- You will: work with the design team and be responsible for
translating product requirements into a verification plan,
implementing UVM testbenches in various languages, including VHDL
- Be the first point of contact for others for simulation issues
and for the design debugging.
- Work alongside designers and team up with them to solve issues
and dive into the designs to suggest fixes.
- Propose and implement methodology improvements (automation,
- Describe bugs found in a tracking system and verify their
- Support the validation of the sensor in the lab.
- Generate reports on code and feature coverage.
- Prepare and report technical progress to technical project
- Support the verification effort to ensure compliance of the
digital design with the system specifications
- Contribute to verification environment through component and
- Support the implementation and debugging of the digital design
(in cooperation with dedicated design engineers)
- Execute coverage plans, evaluate metrics, and generate coverage
- Support the silicon validation and production test (DFT)
- Follow verification methodology initiatives and report
technical progress to team lead
Your education and experiences
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in EE, CE, ECE or related field and 3+
years of experience in digital design verification.
- 3+ years of experience in SystemVerilog and UVM testbench
design with this experience you can train the team.
- Experience with EDA tools (Cadence)
- Experience with release management - tagging releases, Jenkins
server, tracking changes, regression runs in order to manage
complex concurrent design and verification to shorten the lead
- Ability and willingness to read /study and understand
specifications of industry standards like I2C, MIPI, I3C---
- You are a self-starter, you work well will multi-sites and
multi-cultural teams and with your drive and determination and you
- Skills in the following areas are a plus
- Scripting in Python and Linux
To be considered for this position, please apply to this
ams is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse,
inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to protected
characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or age.
Keywords: ams AG, Rochester , Design Verification Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!