Manufacturing Mechanic - AEM Day Shift
Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking fora Day Shift Mechanicto support our Kodak Brand,
Film and Imaging Division in Rochester, NY.
This position is in Pilot Coating. The Pilot Mechanic s job is to
maintain and monitor multiple processes and equipment within the
Pilot Coating manufacturing process. It is their responsibility to
minimize any disruption of flow due to maintenance or equipment
issues. They will accomplish this by monitoring equipment,
answering trouble calls, performing preventative maintenance, and
resolving issues that occur in the manufacturing process.
The pilot mechanic fills a crucial role ensuring continuous
operation, maintenance of quality standards, and compliance with
environmental requirements. To achieve this, the pilot mechanic
will also work closely with operational personnel to ensure
efficient and safe operations. The pilot mechanic will have a good
working knowledge of our regulatory practices and policies.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of how process
changes affect our manufacturing process and product quality in
order to make decisions on process adjustments, handling of process
alarms or out-of-limit situations, responding to requests from
other customers, and optimizing operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure that a safe work environment is maintained and in
compliance with OSHA regulations and company policies.
* Work closely with operations, mechanics, customers, and
* Monitor product quality throughout the process.
* Manage and operate multiple operating processes
* Continuously analyze process data and product quality, apply
knowledge gained to define problems, establish facts, and determine
valid conclusions to drive process improvements.
* Identify, develop, continuously improve, and communicate the best
* Work with Process Engineers/Process Owners on maintaining
* Assist different departments to investigate and find the root
cause of problems.
* Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work
* Superior analytical and problem-solving skills. Pursues
innovative solutions when and where appropriate.
* Basic knowledge of PLC s and ladder logic.
* Strong Electrical and Mechanical Skills.
* Must be able to read and interpret electronic data and make
appropriate decisions related to processing equipment.
* Experience with process control, drive systems, and
* Good computer skills.
* Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze
complex problems and implement solutions in a short timeframe.
* Good communications skills.
* Proactive and self-directed.
* Effective working individually or as part of a team.
* Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
* Minimum of 1 to 5 years of manufacturing experience in a similar
position in a manufacturing or processing plant is desired
* Electrical, programming, instrumentation, and controls background
is a strong asset.
* Two-year Technical degree or equivalent experience.
* M-Th, four 10 hour days
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color,
religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other
Federal or State legally protected classes. Read
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester , Manufacturing Mechanic - AEM Day Shift, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!