General Assignment Reporter
Company: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Posted on: June 24, 2022
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has an opening for a General Assignment
We're looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help
us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a
motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can
think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be
able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts,
have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do
attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live
shot skills and thrives on breaking stories.
- Being able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video
using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline
- Having the ability to conduct effective interviews and gather
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and
- Writing stories under deadline pressure and appear on
camera-both live and recorded.
- Having the ability to write stories for the station web sites
in addition to posting to station social media sites like Facebook
- Working closely with all members of the news team including
Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors, etc.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and
- Two years' MINIMUM experience required in TV news
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a
positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the geographic area is a plus.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or
- A valid driver's license
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early
mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Keywords: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Rochester , General Assignment Reporter, Advertising , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!