Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) role is responsible for
researching, enterprising, developing, writing, shooting, editing,
producing and delivering live presentation of local, compelling,
creative and original news stories on deadline while capturing
quality visual content. Contributes to special features and
stories. Creates impactful and compelling content for the viewers
in our local communities. Participates in coordinating coverage of
major stories, breaking news and specials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Research, pitch, enterprise, write, capture quality visual
content, edit news stories and produce creative, original and
compelling own stories for multiple platforms.
- Develop and cultivate a wide network of sources within the
community and establishes a community presence outside of the
- Generate original story ideas and develop fresh
angles/perspectives and enterprise pieces for the stories of the
day and responsible for development of news stories from conception
- Produce original content for an assigned newscast or news
- Partner with legal team to ensure news content and materials
meet legal requirements and help mitigate risk to the company.
- Identify long and short-term story ideas, research and discover
the content and set up interviews.
- Research and verify information for original news stories by
being resourceful in using beat sources, contacts and leaders and
- Deliver news reports, including live ad-lib and recorded
reports while demonstrating energy, confidence, professional
appearance and voice quality.
- Report within assigned deadlines.
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis and write
- Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story
- Work with assignment desk editors and production staff and
independently in the newsgathering process.
- Responsible for representing channel in a professional
- Craft smart, appealing and accurate headlines.
- Strategically engage in social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong story development skills to submit original story ideas
on a daily basis
- Excellent news judgement and driven by the 24-hour news
- Ability to edit stories as necessary
- Live shot experience required
- Ability to develop sources, work a beat, and break stories
- Strong on-camera skills
- Experience with bonded cellular technology
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work
under time pressure deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air
- Proven ability to report live stories
- Ability to shoot video
- Must be a self-motivated and have the ability to build
- Must have editing skills
- Must be adept at social media
- Must use curiosity and have a sense of urgency to build
compelling stories about the local community and community
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive
approach to problem solving
- Ability to drive a company vehicle to and from assigned
location while obeying all traffic laws
- Valid driver 's license for authorized driving in the State of
Bachelor 's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or
related field or comparable television work experience
Related Work Experience
- 3+ Years Television News Reporting experience
- Experience working in a 24 hour news channel preferred
- Work inside in a climate controlled environment and outside
throughout the year and may be subjected to various weather
conditions that could include extreme heat or cold conditions
- Ability to work under time pressure deadlines and willing and
able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to "breaking
news" and severe weather emergencies
- Ability work weekends and holidays
- Lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds
Charter Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
NJR310 292828 292828BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Rochester , Entry-Level Journalist, Advertising , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!