Clerical II / Receptionist supporting the USAO #18-576
Company: Forfeiture Support Associates
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Published Job Title:
Clerical II / Receptionist supporting the USAO
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of the law enforcement and homeland security communities, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers Engility and AECOM, has a vacancy for a Clerical II supporting the US Attorneys Office.
A Clerical II/Receptionist performs, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Provides receptionist duties at the front desk. Receives visitors and telephone callers. Determines which calls and visitors should be referred to office staff, and the urgency of said calls and visitors. Process visitors according to current visitor management protocols. Retrieves and distributes voicemail messages left on the main office number voicemail.
- Responds to inquiries, providing general information regarding office programs. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate Federal, State or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO'S purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
- Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming mail, including service of process. Checks mail and annotates accordingly (i.e.date stamp, attorney assigned, case number, etc.). Ensures mail received from other agencies is appropriately screened and distributed. Immediately notifies appropriate staff member when material is received via special shipment (i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc.) or facsimile transmission and places in appropriate internal mailbox. Processes outgoing mail as required. Receives deliveries, and route to the appropriate person. lnspect incoming shipments to verify contents and quality.
- Supports the U.S. Attorney's staff by providing a variety of administrative support services including basic litigation support, e.9., bates-stamping, copying, producing CD/DVD duplications, etc. The work requires a specialized knowledge of the processes, procedures, and practices of administrative activities in conjunction with knowledge of clerical and administrative office skills and an ability to apply these skills to increase the effectiveness of assignments.
- Open/close cases in Caseview, print and assemble new case files. Assists legal assistants with electronic case filings and docketing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Clerical II must meet the Clerical I qualifications; as well as meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required with at least 2 years experience in reception and clerical support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to use, understand, and maintain directories, office personnel lists, and other guides and references to provide a variety of information on the office and to refer questions to other offices.
- Skill in meeting and interacting with people in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Skill in operating a multi-line telephone with voicemail system.
- Skill in operating a computer terminal or personal computer.
- Skill in operating automated document processing equipment such as photocopiers, printers, fax machines, scanners, binding machines, and label makers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Access.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA) LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity) veteran status, family leave status, and any protected group status as defined by applicable law.
FSA Internal Use Only::
Keywords: Forfeiture Support Associates, Rochester , Clerical II / Receptionist supporting the USAO #18-576, Administration, Clerical , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!