Senior Consultant Climate Advisory - Decarbonization (Mid-Senior Level)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
ERM is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Senior Climate
Change Consultant. The person will report to Partners in Boston,
MA, but the role is hybrid/remote and remote locations will be
considered. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced
professional looking to play a key role working with an expert
consulting team on interesting climate advisory projects for
Fortune 500 and privately held clients.
* Serve as technical lead and project manager working with clients
in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities,
conducting financial impact analysis and reporting according to
* Support development of climate change strategy and action
planning, and modeling and setting of science-based targets.
* Support the evaluation and development of internal carbon pricing
projects for clients.
* Lead CDP climate, water, and supply chain advisory and reporting
* Advise and manage climate-related projects including the design
and development of GHG inventories (Scopes 1 and 2, with particular
emphasis on Scope 3), analysis of emissions reductions levers
(e.g., energy efficiency measures, options for green power
purchasing, onsite renewables) and estimating costs thereof.
* Communicate with clients, ERM teams, and subcontractors (when
* Mentor junior and mid-level staff in the proper planning and
execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent
technical reviews of deliverable work products.
* Support the general growth and development of ERM's energy and
climate change services. Collaborate with other ERM practitioners
to execute energy and climate change projects, including
participating on teams comprised of energy and climate change
professionals from multiple offices around North America and the
* Collaborate with our Sustainability Strategy and Disclosure
services, Digital Services and other practice areas to provide
integrated solutions to our clients.
* Actively support cross-selling other services to existing
* Bachelors' and/or Masters' degrees in STEM field, climate,
business, public policy or other relevant disciplines. Masters'
degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* 5-9 years' experience in climate change consulting or a related
industry position with technical competence in greenhouse gas
emissions accounting, management and reporting.
* Experience and confidence to lead and grow business in a dynamic
* Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze
and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including
diverse project teams and client contacts.
* Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate
issues and recommend solutions.
* High level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
programs-comfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables,
etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually
in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
* Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking,
negotiation, presentation, and "people" skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability to build, coach, and mentor
* Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM
as a global company.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we
partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative
solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial
opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving
opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive
work environment is an essential part of making our company a great
place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength
that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse
team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of
their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned
by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental,
health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our
"boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model
that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that
advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other
company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Keywords: ERM, Rochester , Senior Consultant Climate Advisory - Decarbonization (Mid-Senior Level), Accounting, Auditing , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!