Company: Jewish Home of Rochester
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Full Time Staff Accountant, Days, Monday through Friday. NFP /
Healthcare experience preferred.The Accountant assists in the
development and maintenance of sound fiscal practices for Jewish
Senior Life and its related companies. Additionally, the Staff
Accountant participates in the accounting functions of the Finance
department with specific concentration in accounts payable, general
ledger maintenance, and accounts receivable.Bachelor's Degree in
Accounting required. Must have excellent math and organizational
skills, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and
accounting systems. Experience with Great Plains accounting
software preferred.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures, including
prepare and post journal entries and review of inter-company
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by
collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations, research and
reconcile all discrepancies.
- Provide assistance to managers and directors for monthly
expense variance analysis.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset listing and associated depreciation
schedules in the Great Plains accounting software.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may
include research and reconciliation.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
and compliance to internal policies
- Prepares 990 and NYS CHAR 500 tax returns and other reports as
Keywords: Jewish Home of Rochester, Rochester , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!