Junior Inventory Accountant
Company: Monro Muffler/Brake
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair
services industry. We are country's top company-owned automotive
repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people
who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only
what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is
done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,300
company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year
in the US in 30 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our
guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as
exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery,
electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services
under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and
a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to
Assists in the coordination, and activities surrounding inventory
control, accounting and analysis including but not limited to cost
control, physical count, perpetual and general ledger accounting,
obsolescence, and budgeting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze physical inventory results from our store operation and
perform research to determine and amend results appropriately
- Ensure physical inventory compliance using key metrics and work
with field management to make recommendations on corrective action,
as well as, report results to upper management on identified issues
of inventory loss, controls and theft
- Analyze material usage and inventory variance trends
- Determine any deviation from the expected results and identify
root cause and make appropriate adjustments on a monthly basis
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual close process including,
but not limited to, the recording of journal entries, account
reconciliations and support documents for SEC compliance
- Evaluate and recommend procedures to improve efficiency and
effectiveness of accounting processes, analysis and reporting
- Assist in the review of open transactions via direct interface
with the AS400 system and computer-generated reports
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in accounting or finance.
- Three or more years of experience and/or training or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Proficient user of Excel. (Vlookup, Count, Sum)
- Experienced user of Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Motivated professional with strong analytical skills who
performs with a high degree of accuracy and is attentive to detail.
Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
written and oral instructions.
Monro is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in Rochester,
New York, we now have over 1180 company-owned locations servicing
over four million cars each year in the US in 28 eastern and
mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of tire
choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension,
alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air
conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly
traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our
results and our return to our investors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Monro Muffler/Brake, Rochester , Junior Inventory Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!