Staff Accountant - Leasing
Company: Monro Muffler/Brake
Posted on: February 17, 2020
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair
services industry. We are country's top company-owned automotive
repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people
who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only
what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is
done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,300
company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year
in the US in 32 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our
guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as
exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery,
electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services
under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and
a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to
The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying the principles of
accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial
reports by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting support to the Senior Finance Manager - Real
- Responsible for all lease accounting journal entries and
reconciliations. Record journal entries to the general ledger in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Complete monthly rent expense and accrual analysis.
- Maintain integrity of the EZLease database
- Handles miscellaneous reconciliations and analysis, as
- Recommends process improvements in accounting and analysis
- Participates in annual budget process.
- Assistance with special projects, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or 5 or more years of
equivalent experience working in an accounting department.
- Motivated professional with strong analytical skills who
performs with a high degree of accuracy and is attentive to
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel with strong knowledge of creating reports.
Intermediate working knowledge of MSOffice - Outlook, Word,
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
documents, reports, financials, etc.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and public
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read an interpret documents with regards to
policies, procedures and accounting related documents.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Monro Muffler/Brake, Rochester , Staff Accountant - Leasing, Accounting, Auditing , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!